MALABAR_Malaibar_Kerala

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 absalih

absalih
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:07 AM

MALABAR is a narrow strip of land along the southern most coast of India,facing the Arabian Sea and adjacent to Srilanka.
The Shafi'i Malabari scholars have a long ,glorious history.It all begins with two ZAINUDDIN MAKHDUMS-1 (KABEER)and 2(SAGHEER).The root of the Maqdum family is in Yemen, in its Ma'bar.The came from Yemen and settled in Malabar(Ma'bar became Malabar), thus spreading Shafi'i madhhab.
1]_Shaykh Zainuddin Maqdum Kabeer.Rah.d.928.AH,was a disciple of so many Great Scholars of Islam at the world famous al-Azhar in Egypt,To name a few, they were Imam Jalaludin al-Suyuti.d911.AH,Imam al-Samhudi.d 911.AH,Syed Abubakr al Hydrosi.d 914.AH and Imam Hafiz al-Sakhawi.d.902.AH.His wellknown books are in the field of tasawwuf, as 'Kitabul Adkiya'Its commentary by Sayed Bakri al-Dimyati.Rah,as Kifayatul Atqiya:
http://read.kitabkla...al-ashfiya.html
http://al-mostafa.in...ile=i000557.pdf
2]_Shaykh Zainuddin Maqdum Sagheer.Rah.d.998.AH, was a disciple of IMAM Shihab al-DIN Ahmed ibn Hajar al-HYTHAMI.al-Makki, Izzudin al-Zumari and Imam Ibn Ziyad.(RahAlaihim).He made close contacts with IMAM ar-RAMLI.d1004.AH and al-Khatibul Sharbini.Rah.He was a great Sufi as well, being the khalifa of ShaykhAbul Hasan Siddiq al Bakri of MAKKAH.QS.(d.993.AH).He is the author of wellknown Fiqh Manual shafi'i fiqh ,knows as [فتح المعين لشرح قرة العين بمهمات الدين]
http://read.kitabkla...-malaibari.html
I was commented in 4 volumes by a scholar of Makkah Sayed Bakri al-Dimyati.d.1310.AH, named as I'yanatu Talibin':
http://read.kitabkla...l-bakri-al.html
His other important works were, one in Tasawwuf, named Irshadul Ibad:
http://read.kitabkla...-al-rasyad.html
,  another as:"TUHFATHUL MUJAHIDIN', an important work in Arabic,of Jihad and Histoy of Portughese in the  Malabar of 16th Century.This work was takenup by orientalists and published in various languages, as in Spanish by .Prof.David Lopez(in 1633.AD with ARABIC text),in English, many editions, the earliest by Major Renynldson in 1898.AD(London) and the best translation being the one by Muhammad Nainar of MADINA University.In addition ,it has Latin, French,Portughese and Chech editions as well as translations into various Indian Languages, the Urdu commentary by Shamsullahil Qadiri.I have with me , the KUALALUMBUR,Malaysian,edition by NAINAR(Islamic Booktrust.Kuala LUMBUR.2006) .

http://www.amazon.co...77055041&sr=8-3

http://www.marifah.n...__0

This Ahlu Sunnah Ancestry of Malabar is now fully propagated by Scholars of Malabar through their Organizations, named as 'Samasta KERALA JAM'YIATUL ULEMA(2 Divisions and one 'Samastana, each organization is a body of 40 Scholars of Eminence.The primary aim of this organization is to defend the AQEEDA of common Muslims from all heresies especially WAHHABISM,Maududism(Political Islam of Abul'A'la Mawdudi, Syed Qutub etc) , and Tabligh Jama'at(DEOBANDISM) AND also all the False Tariqas(Deviations in Sufism).
About this Organization, A Hanafi Sunni Scholar from far-off TURKEY, Huseyn Hilmi Isik an-Naqshbandi.d.1422.AH.Istanbul ,writes:
[From an Arabic article by Noorul Ulema .M.A.Abdul Qadir Ahmed Musliyar ,refuting Tabligh Jama'at ,under 'Deviation of Tabligh al-Jama'at from the Ahl as-Sunnat ']

In the Shawwal 1399 A.H. (1979) and following issues of the monthly periodical Al-muallim which is published by the Jamiyat al-'ulama' called "Samasta" located in the Malappuram City of the Kerala State, South India, Mawlawi Abu Ahmad, one of the Ahl as-Sunnat scholars, wrote under the heading 'Disclosure of the Suspicions about Jamaat at-Tabligh': "Various groups of people have appeared in North India who say that they will renew the religion and disseminate it everywhere. Many people, judging them only by their ostensible words, follow them without investigating their and their founders' faith. Upon seeing their inner nature, many of them have departed and expose their lies and tricks. History has witnessed many such heretics, who are slaved by their nafs and vicious thoughts. They have interpreted the documents of Islam wrongly. They dissent to the rotten principles of Ibn Taymiyya and Muhammad ibn 'Abd al-Wahhab an-Najdi. Those who know little about religious knowledge think that they are on the right path and believe that they serve Islam. One of these heretical groups is that which follow the path put forward by Mawlana Ilyas. They call themselves 'Jamaat at-tabligh.' They travel around the world. With their worship, attractive speech and attire, they look like religious, pious people. They never speak about their beliefs and the path they follow. They began to spread their seed in Kerala, too. The 'ulama' of Samasta Kerala have opened jihad against them by displaying their heretical books, beliefs and background and their founders' life-stories and path. Studying them, they understood their artifice and that they were ahl al-bidat. They issued the fatwas that they have dissented from the righteous path of Ahl as-Sunnat wal-Jamaat and that they were on the route of bidat and dalala (heresy). These fatwas of the 'ulama' of southern and northern India and Ceylon Island became an ijma'. And we, with the guidance of Allahu ta'ala and by keeping on the footsteps of the Salaf as-Salihin, will explain their vicious beliefs and heretical path:
http://www.hizmetboo...slam/ref-58.htm
The dictum of our Ulema is clear in these words:

"While telling about what will happen to his umma, Rasulullah ('alaihi 's-salam) declared, 'The Sons of Israil parted into 72 nations. And my umma will part into 73 groups. Of them, only one will be saved, and all others will go to Hell.' As-Sahabat al-kiram upon hearing this, asked, 'Oh Rasul-Allah! Which is that?' He declared, 'They are those who follow my and my Sahaba's path.' This hadith ash-Sharif was reported from 'Abdullah ibn 'Umar (radi-Allahu 'anh). As reported from Muawiya (radi-Allahu 'anh) by Imam Ahmad and Abu Dawud, Rasulullah ('alaihi 's-salam) declared, 'Of them, 72 are in Hell, and the remaining one is in Paradise. And this is one jamaat.' This hadith ash-Sharif is also quoted in the chapter on 'I'tisam' of the book Mishkat. Oh Muslims! We must search and find this single community of salvation mentioned in this hadith and their beliefs which cause entrance to Paradise and should beware of heretical groups who oppose these beliefs! In this way, we shall endeavor to get saved from the Hell fire and flame! Hadrat Ghawth al-azam 'Abd al-Qadir al-Geilani explained the former hadith and the word 'jamaat' in the latter hadith in these words: 'The believer (Mumin) should adapt himself to the Sunnat and to the Jamaat. The Sunnat is the way shown by Rasulullah ('alaihi 's-salam). The Jamaat is composed of the things done unanimously by as-Sahabat al-kiram who lived in the time of the four caliphs called Khulafa' ar-rashidin. A Muslim must prevent the multiplication of the men of bidat and be away from them and should not greet them. Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, the imam of our madhhab, said that greeting a man of bidat meant loving him since it had been declared in a hadith ash-Sharif, "Disseminate [your] greeting (salam)! Love one another in this way!" ' These are written on the 90th page of Gunyat at-talibin. Great alim Ahmad ibn Hajar al-Haitami, the last muhaqqiq, wrote on this subject in detail on page 149 of his work Sawa'iq al-muhriqa, where he said, 'Those who dissent from the Ahl as-Sunnat faith are called mubtadi'. They began to come forth in the first century [of Islam].'

"Hadrat Ibn Hajar al-Haitami said in his work Fat'h al-jawad, 'Mubtadi' is the person who does not have the faith (itiqad) conveyed unanimously by Ahl as-Sunnat. This unanimity was transmitted by the two great imams Abu 'l-Hasan al-Ashari.RA and Abu Mansur al-Maturidi .RA.and the 'alims who followed their path.' On the 205th page of the book Al-fatawa al-hadithiyya, it is written, 'Man of bidat means one whose beliefs are different from the Ahl as-Sunnat faith. The Ahl as-Sunnat faith is the faith of Abu 'l-Hasan al-Ashari.RA, Abu Mansur al-Maturidi.RA and those who followed them. One who brings forth something which is not approved by Islam becomes a man of bidat.
' Shafi'i alim Ahmad Shihab ad-din Kalyubi al-Misri wrote on the fourth volume of his marginalia to the book Kanz ar-raghibin: 'One who departs from what Abu 'l-Hasan al-Ashari and Abu Mansur al-Maturidi reported is not Sunni. These two imams followed the footprints of Rasulullah ('alaihi 's-salam) and his Sahaba.'
"From the foregoing passages, it is understood that only one of the seventy-three groups that have come out of the partition of this umma will be saved against Hell. It is wajib for every Muslim to search for, to find and to adapt himself to this group, members of which follow the path of Abu 'l-Hasan al-Ashari and Abu Mansur al-Maturidi.
[Ibid]
Some info on the current scholars and their vews:
http://www.marifah.n...th-about-a-lie/
.More soon.Insha ALLAH.

Edited by absalih, 16 August 2010 - 04:27 PM.

#2 Abul Hasan

Abul Hasan
  • Scholars
  • 293 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

Assalamu alaikum

There is one person invloved in writing works on Mustalah al-Hadith in arabic by the name of Dr Hamza Malibari. I would be gratetful if you have any background info on this writer as i get the impression that he is a "Salafi".

Wassalam
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 absalih

absalih
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:00 AM

View PostAbul Hasan, on 15 August 2010 - 12:09 PM, said:

Assalamu alaikum

There is one person invloved in writing works on Mustalah al-Hadith in arabic by the name of Dr Hamza Malibari. I would be gratetful if you have any background info on this writer as i get the impression that he is a "Salafi".

Wassalam
Wa alaikumaSalam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.
Dear Sidi, though the links such as:
ON BIO:
http://www.ahlalhdee...177&postcount=2
ON HIS WORK:
http://read.kitabkla...-al-hadits.html
would be enough to arrive at a conclusion from these internal evidences, as his study from Salafi teachers, after leaving Malaibar in his early 30s . I only wish to explain his initial sunni background , as our ulema has not definitely said anything against him publicly which may be because he has not yet come as a threat and he is living abroad in Kuwait.
As regards to his Malaibari life, he has completed the Dars-e Nizami syllabus of 8 years of preliminary studies as a Mut'allim in learning centers attached to village and town masajids(there are thousands of them in Malaibar) called 'Dars', as per traditional Islam only[Shafii,Ash'ari and with tasawwuf] and then wet to take degree from one of the prestigious Arabic Colleges of Ahle Sunnah in South India, namely 'AL BAQIYATHU SALIHAT' ,of Vellore,Tamil Nadu , which was founded by Shamsul Ulema A'ALA HAZRAT Abdul Wahab velori.QS, the Madrasa which has Great Blessings and had produced thousands of eminent Scholars and Awliya,including the present leaders of our ulema organization called 'Samasta'.The rest of his life is in the link.
A file from his working place- Kuwait University:
http://pubcouncil.ku...icle.asp?id=368
If I get anything new  Insha' Allah ,I will inform you. Salam.

#4 absalih

absalih
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:57 PM

PONNANI: THE CAPITAL OF ZAINUDDIN MAKHDUM:

1]

Ponnani/Ponani (Malayalam: പൊന്നാനി) is a coastal town and a municipality in Malappuram district in the Indian state of Kerala. It is the smallest Taluk in Malappuram district. This tiny, picturesque town is bounded by the Arabian Sea on the west. It is the only port in Malappuram district and one of the oldest ones in Kerala. This tidal port, mainly used by the fishing industry, is at the mouth of Bharathapuza, the second longest river of Kerala. This place is an important fishing centre.

Ponnani has a population which is a blend of almost equal percentage of Hindus and Muslims and has set an example for tolerant and peaceful co-existence. Malik Ibn Dinar, the first Islamic missionary to come to Kerala, is believed to have visited Ponnani. William Logan, the British historian, records in his Malabar Manual that the Ponnani Juma Masjid was built in 925 Hijrah Era. Ponnani was considered as the second capital of Malabar during the reign of Zamorins of Calicut and was the headquarters of Kunjali Marakkar, the naval chief of Zamorin.

It attained a status as an important centre for education in the philosophy of Islam. In the early period, Ponnani was considered the Al Azhar University of Kerala, for its great religious schools and teachers. Ponnani was called the 'small Mecca' of South India.

Hyder Ali of Mysore conquered Malabar in 1766 and established an outpost in Ponnani. During his son Tipu Sultan’s regime Ponnani became an important centre for Islamic studies. Tipu developed the port at Ponnani for trade and security reasons. After Tipu’s defeat in 1799, the British took the territory of Malabar under their control.[1]

Ponnani is a name very much associated with the nationalist movements in the freedom struggle. A number of prominent leaders from this taluk had contributed in soul and spirit towards realizing the dream of Independent India. Role of great freedom struggle leaders like Zainuddin Makhdoom II, who wrote a book Tuhafat Ul Mujahideen, which is the first authentic book on Kerala history, to inspire people to fight Portughese invasion is remembered for ever. Ponnani has also contributed a great deal to the cultural and literary heritage of Kerala.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponnani
2]Islamic Ponnani:

Ponnani is a small town in Malappuram district of  Malabar part of Keala. Ponnani was known as “Small Mecca” for its contribution towards Islamic education. Students from many countries of South East Asia ,as Sumatra,Jawa and other Indonesian islands,Malaysia as well as students even from Arab countries, and also from Ceylon (SriLanka)  and other parts of f South India have flocked to this place and especially to Juma Masjid at Ponnani , to study under the Mkhdums.
About 500 years ago, Zainuddin Makhdoom I, established this masjid here which also served as the place for religious instructions. The prestige of this place grew so much that “sitting by the lamp” or “vilakkatherrikal,” referring to the lamp set up in the middle of the prayer hall , above a piece of round stone brought by The Great Shafi’ite Jurist Imam Ibn Hajar al-Hythami.Rah(d.973.ah Makkah) when he visited this famous mosque in honour of his favourite disciple Shaykh Zayn al-Din al-Makhdum Sagheer.Rah(998.AH. near MAHE))to the spot where  final religious instructions took place.It was enough to certify one’s education. The syllabus of education that was setup here was followed in South India and other countries too. As opposed to ‘dars-e-nizami’ syllabus of Hanafi sections of North India, Ponnani syllabus focused on Tasawwuf(mysticism) ,Fiqh(Jurisprudence) and Aqeeda(Theology), without much of Logic and philosophy.. The education in this masjid continues even today, though a ghost of its former self. The 41st generation of famous Zainuddin Makhdum al-malaibari.Kabeer(Rah)who established this masjid, currently runs this place.
As like other historical mosques this is also an example of communal harmony that Muslims of Malabar lived in. This masjid was built by a Hindu carpenters who became friends with Zainuddin  Maqdum and  thei chief  later accepted Islam. He is now referred to as Ashari Thangal, a name given by the sheikh himself. Ashari is the Malayalam word for carpenter and Thangal is the word of honor. A beautiful example of communal harmony that reminds us that in Islam the best person is one who is pious, honor does not come from money or family ancestry.
[absalih]
3]The Video of the Mosque of 'ZYN AL-DIN AL-MAQDUM AL MALIBARI' 1 & 11 [Ponnani Masjid_Ponnani was called the 'the Makkah 'of MalAibar].The mosque is 500 years old.The famous shafii jurist Imam Ibn Hjar al Hythami al-Makki.Rah.(d.973AH) had come here and stayed for a while in  in order to honour his favourite disciple Shaykh Zynudin Maqdum Sagheer and the fatawa he issued while staying for a month or so, is still presereved in manuscripts and a stone brought by the great imam is also preserved(shown in the video)
http://1m1f.com/vide...uma-Masjid.html
[2 files, 95MB.]
4]For Images see:
http://www.twocircle...es_malabar.html

Edited by absalih, 17 August 2010 - 02:48 AM.

#5 Abul Hasan

Abul Hasan
  • Scholars
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:40 PM

View Postabsalih, on 16 August 2010 - 09:00 AM, said:

View PostAbul Hasan, on 15 August 2010 - 12:09 PM, said:

Assalamu alaikum

Wassalam
Wa alaikumaSalam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.
Dear Sidi, though the links such as:
ON BIO:
http://www.ahlalhdee...177&postcount=2
ON HIS WORK:
http://read.kitabkla...-al-hadits.html
would be enough to arrive at a conclusion from these internal evidences, as his study from Salafi teachers, after leaving Malaibar in his early 30s . I only wish to explain his initial sunni background , as our ulema has not definitely said anything against him publicly which may be because he has not yet come as a threat and he is living abroad in Kuwait.
As regards to his Malaibari life, he has completed the Dars-e Nizami syllabus of 8 years of preliminary studies as a Mut'allim in learning centers attached to village and town masajids(there are thousands of them in Malaibar) called 'Dars', as per traditional Islam only[Shafii,Ash'ari and with tasawwuf] and then wet to take degree from one of the prestigious Arabic Colleges of Ahle Sunnah in South India, namely 'AL BAQIYATHU SALIHAT' ,of Vellore,Tamil Nadu , which was founded by Shamsul Ulema A'ALA HAZRAT Abdul Wahab velori.QS, the Madrasa which has Great Blessings and had produced thousands of eminent Scholars and Awliya,including the present leaders of our ulema organization called 'Samasta'.The rest of his life is in the link.
A file from his working place- Kuwait University:
http://pubcouncil.ku...icle.asp?id=368
If I get anything new Insha' Allah ,I will inform you. Salam.

Assalamu alaikumn

Barakallahu feek for the reply and information.

Wassalam
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Abu al-Fadl al-Maturidi

Abu al-Fadl al-Maturidi
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:36 PM

View Postabsalih, on 15 August 2010 - 03:07 AM, said:

This Ahlu Sunnah Ancestry of Malabar is now fully propagated by Scholars of Malabar through their Organizations, named as 'Samasta KERALA JAM'YIATUL ULEMA(2 Divisions and one 'Samastana, each organization is a body of 40 Scholars of Eminence.The primary aim of this organization is to defend the AQEEDA of common Muslims from all heresies especially WAHHABISM,Maududism(Political Islam of Abul'A'la Mawdudi, Syed Qutub etc) , and Tabligh Jama'at(DEOBANDISM) AND also all the False Tariqas(Deviations in Sufism).

That's interesting. Its always presented as a "Brelwi-Deobandi" divide. It seems Ahl al-Sunnah schools in India unaffiliated with Imam Ahmad Rida also seem to have had a bad run in with "Deobandism".

#7 absalih

absalih
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:33 AM

View PostAbu al-Fadl al-Maturidi, on 17 August 2010 - 11:36 PM, said:

View Postabsalih, on 15 August 2010 - 03:07 AM, said:

That's interesting. Its always presented as a "Brelwi-Deobandi" divide. It seems Ahl al-Sunnah schools in India unaffiliated with Imam Ahmad Rida also seem to have had a bad run in with "Deobandism".
Though the Shafi'i scholars of Malabar honor Imam Ahmed Raza Khan Barelwi,they do not share his extreme views about the controversial Deobandi elders .They did an independent study of deobandi literatures,and found that some of the views expressed in them do no agree with those of classical scholars of Islam and hence ,they were 'ahlul bid'a'.And this is applicable for Tabligh Jama'at too ,as its founder Moulana Ilyas Sahib had declared that the fundamentals of Tbligh is of those scholars and only the method is his'. Please do not answer to this here but under the'polemics'_subcontinent, either in a new or old thread. I may give the details.

#8 absalih

absalih
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:48 PM

Shaykh Abubakr Ahmed al-Malaibari is the most influential leader of Malaibari muslims today.
surnamed as, 'Qamarul Ulema'(Named so by Sayed Abbas ibn Alavi al- Maliki of Makkah)is a
Malabari scholar of International repute.He was, in Traditions(Hadith) a disciple of Shaykh Muhammad Yaseen al-Fadani al-Makki.Rah., who had personally come to Malabar towards the end of his life and a close associate of Sayyed Muhammad ibn Alavi Maliki.Rah,who had layed the foundation stone for his and Malaibari Muslims prestigious Markaz, and now of Sayyed Hashim Rifaii,Habib ALI Jifri and Shaykh Umar ibn Hafiz of Yemen and Dr.Umar Abdullah Kamil of Makkah.The later was instrumental in getting 'equal status' to Markaz degrees to the world famous AL AZHAR of Egypt.

http://www.marifah.n...s/icon-view.gif
http://www.markazonline.com/
Posted Image
http://4.bp.blogspot...688044542_m.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot..._0f940998e1.jpg
About him ,it is written:

Sheikh aboobackar Ahmad is the secretary general of the Kerala-based Sunni Cultural Center ‘Markazu Saqafathi Sunniya’.
He is credited with creating a ‘resurgence’ in the religiosity of southern India’s Muslim population.
The center has become one of the more significant educational organizations in Kerala with
40 schools going from primary to university level. There are about 9,000 students at the schools, many of them orphans.
The world’s top 500 Muslims_Page 114{The book, edited by Professors John Esposito and Ibrahim Kalin at Georgetown University in Washington, is the first in what is planned to be an annual survey of the top Muslim personalities around the world. It’s a joint effort by the Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Center in Amman and Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding. Esposito is director of the Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center and Kalin is spokesman for the Common Word dialogue initiative}

The Muslims of Kerala have been keeping a creative identity in social, political and cultural realms. The social interference fashioned by the Kerala Muslims on the platform of Islamic humanitarianism testifies their vigilant religious life and original social existence. The God-fearing life style of the forgone scholars played a major role in creatively employing the cultural possibilities of the Islamic life. The dynamic moral fiber of the Muslim life in Kerala is imprinted by the vibrant social leadership of the awe-inspiring Ulemas.
The roots of such Organic Intellectual life can be traced in scholars like Sheikh Zainuddin Maqdooms, Omer Qasi, Sayed Alavi of Mampurom, and Ali Musliyaretc. The public opinion and communal interests of the Muslims of Kerala has been greatly influenced by the brave social interference of these Ulemas, and of course, Kanthapuram A. P. Aboobacker Musliyar is a real inheritor of this Dharma of the rich and scholastic legacy of the Kerala Muslims.
Kanthapuram would be remembered by the future generation on the very fact that he led forward the contemporary Muslim multitude from a chaotic and apprehensive stage to one with confidence and hope.  He guided the Kerala Muslim Society by redefining the sense of duty of the Ulama or the learned, and actively involving in the process of social reformation, and thereby played an incomparable role in linking the Islamic society with the mainstream population.  He bequeathed great respite on the anxieties of a society, which had been historically sidelined, by presenting the communal issues on the wider perspective of social justice.
http://www.kanthapuram.com/eng/

His books in Arabic:
    * Ismathul Anbiya (عصمة الأنبياء)
    * Assiyasathul Islamiyya (السياسة الإسلامية)
    * Al Vahdathul Islamiyya (الوحدة الإسلامية)
    * Al Ithibau wal Ibthidau (الاتباع والابتداع)
    * Riyadhu Thalibeen (رياض الطالبين)
    * Idharul Farah Wassuroor bi Meeladi Nnabiyyil Mabroor

(اظهار الفرح والسرور بميلاد النبي المبرور)

* Almoulidu Rraviyy (المولد الروي)
    * Tha'adeemul Akabir wahthiramu Sha'air (تعظيم الأكابر واحترام الشعائر)
    * Faidanul Muslsalath Fee Bayanil Ijazah Al Muthadavilah

(فيضان المسلسلات في بيان الاجازة المتداولة)

* Tariqathu thasawwuf (طريقة التصوف)
    * Al Barahin ul Qat’iyyah fir Raddi Alal Qadiyaniyyah

(البراهين القطعة في الرد على القاديانية)

* Adillathu Salatit Tarawih (أدلة صلاة التراويح)
    * Eesal ut Tawab Li Inqaz il Mayyiti Min al Eqab (ايصال الثوب لإنقاذ الميت من العقاب)

One of his public addresses( here with Dr.Umar Abdullah Kamil.of Makkah.

http://shaheedazhary...فل-عالمي-بمناس/
His Educational Complex:

Jamia Markazu Ssaquafathi Ssunniyya, a prestegious charitable religious institution in India. It is playing a key-role for the renaissance of Muslim community. It is a safe haven for the orphans and destitutes. The charitable resonances to the needy and destitutes are the Main objective of Markaz.
The physical and financial help of the generous community helped Markaz to secure the prominent place among the world Muslim Institutions. Still we have to achieve many to our community, Hence I request to extent your generosity towards Markaz.
                         Sheikh Aboobacker Ahmed  Alias Kanthapuram A.P Aboobacker Musliyar
http://www.markazonline.com/

Images of 2009 Conference_Posted by IrfanIbnIsmail:

http://www.marifah.n...onference-2009/

NEXT CONFERENCE OF 'MARKAZU SAQAFATHI SUNNIYYA:
2011 JANUARY 7,8,9. CALICUT.KERALA.INDIA
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=y5qdNHsq6YA

Edited by absalih, 11 October 2010 - 04:11 PM.

#9 absalih

absalih
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:42 AM

Shaykh Abubakr Ahmed Malibari:
His role as Leader of both Malaibari and other Indian Muslims: There are innumerabls examples to show his organizational ability and his great efforts to renovate  both the faith and social acceptance of Indian Muslims who forms the second largest population of Muslims in the world after Indonesia.The sheikh conducts his social activities through  various sub organizations as SYS, SSF, etc. I am quoting these from the official SSF (SUNNI STUDENTS FEDERATION )Website (of Malappuram District Kerala) .
To quote a few:
PRESS RELEASE CONDEMNING ALL KINDS OF TERRORISM

Press Release by Muslim Scholars of All Major Mainstream Juridical Schools

March 31, 2010 _NEW DELHI.INDIA
“We condemn the recent criminal terrorist attacks, perpetrated against brothers and sisters in Islam and in Humanity, in Iraq, Moscow, and Dagestan. Islam absolutely upholds the sanctity of human life, and no grievances, even when legitimate, can ever be used to justify or legitimate such murderous and evil acts. Our hearts go out to the victims and their families, and our condolences to the Iraqi and Russian peoples and their religious and political leaderships.”
Signatories
Sheikh Abu Bakr Ahmad Al-Milibari, Secretary General of the Ahl Al-Sunna Association, India
Dr. Ahmad Badr Al-Din Hassoun, Grand Mufti of Syria
Dr. Ahmad Abd Al-Aziz Al-Haddad, Mufti of Dubai, UAE
yatollah Hussein Muayad, Shia Authority, Iraq
Dr. Hamdan M. Al-Mazroui, Head of the General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowments, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Sheikh Hamza Yusuf, Director and Founder, Zaytuna Institute, California, USA
Sheikh Rawi Ayn Al-Din, Chief of the Council of Russian Muftis
Dr. Aref Ali Nayed, Director, Kalam Research and Media, Dubai, UAE
Sheikh Abdal Hakim Murad, Sheikh Zayed Lecturer in Islamic Studies, Cambridge University, UK
Allamah Sheikh Abd Allah bin Mahfouz bin Bayyah, Vice President of the International Union of Muslim Scholars, and President of the Global Centre for Renewal and Guidance
Dr. Abla Kahlawi, Dean of Islamic and Arabic Studies, Al-Azhar University (Women‟s College), Egypt
Sheikh Professor Dr Ali Gomaa, Grand Mufti of the Republic of Egypt
Al-Habib Ali Zain Al-Abidin Al-Jifri, Founder and Director, Tabah Foundation, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Sayyed Ali al-Hashimi, Advisor to the President for Judiciary and Religious Affairs, UAE
Sheikh Ali Evteev , Mufti of Northern Russia
Dr. Farouk Hamada, Religious Advisor, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Court
Al-Sharif Muhammad al-Alwini, Chairman of Brussels Academy for Islamic Sciences
Dr. Bassam al-Zain, Preacher, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Court
Sayyed Muhammad bin Muhammad al-Mansour, High Authority of Zeidi Muslims, Yemen
Dr. Muhammad Rashid Qabbani, Grand Mufti of Lebanon
Prof. Dr. Allamah Shaykh Muhammad Sa'id Ramadan Al-Buti, Former Dean, Dept. of Religion, University of Damascus, Syria
Sheikh Muhammad Abd Allah Kgarachai, Head of the Society of Dawah and Education in Russia
H.E. Sheikh Dr. Mustafa Ceric, Grand Mufti and Head of „Ulema of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sheikh Mukaddars Bibarsov, Mufti of Volga
Sheikh Nafigulla Ashirov, Muslim Spiritual Directorate (MSD) of the Asiatic Part of Russia  

Edited by absalih, 19 August 2010 - 04:34 AM.

#10 absalih

absalih
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:42 AM

Kashmiri Students Bee Line To Kerala For Free Education

KOZHIKODE : Hundreds of Kashmiri children orphaned by the over a decade-long militancy in the State have been making a bee line to the city to avail of free education at "Markaz," one of the biggest Islamic institutions of learning in the country. Over 4,600 km away from Kashmir, the Markaz has emerged as a refuge and seat of learning for the children from the militancy-hit districts of Jammu and Kashmir.
It all began with the visit of Kanthapuram A P Abboobacker Musaliyar, the head of the Markaz and a prominent religious head from Kerala, to Kashmir in 2002 during which the then Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed requested to him to permit the orphaned children to get educated in his institution, which catered to destitute children from different States.
Musaliyar agreed to Sayeed's request and threw open the doors of his host of Murkaz-run educational institutions at Kasnthur here which offered a range of courses like degrees in arts, nursing, lab technicians, electronics, electrical, fitting and plumbing, driving, handicrafts, stitching, designing and painting besides religious courses. While the first batch of 254 children arrived here from Kashmir in December 2004, it has now become a regular journey for the kids to follow suit their elders with a fresh batch of 30 children landing here on June 1.
"No doubt, it is a new lease of life for them and they are excelling not only in education but also in other activities like sports," says Mahar Jeelani, Assistant Superintendent at the 'Kashmiri Bhavan', set up at the Markaz six months ago exclusively for Kashmiri students. Coming mainly from the districts of Kupwara, Shopain and Pulwama in the Valley, hit hard by militancy, the children did not feel at ease initally being so far away from their homes. "But, their attitude and approach soon changed as they found they can move around freely even after sun set unlike in Kashmir," Jeelani, also the first Kashmiri teacher at Markaz, said.
Admitting that some students were sent back as they could not adjust to the climatic and cultural changes, he said a majority of them, however, enjoyed the facilities and wanted to make a career for themselves. "We are teaching them mainly to be patriotic as they are from a State that has witnessed so much of militancy," Jeelani said, adding three Kashmiri students secured distinction in the SSLC examinations last year. The children have also excelled in co-curricular activities. They lifted the sub-junior State boxing title in 2006, while another group of children had come out with a CD comprising a series of scintillating songs titled 'Kashmiri Gulisthan', he said.
"The students from Kashmir are extremely talented which only shows that had the State been free from violence, the rate of literacy would have risen considerably," Jeelani said. Says Mubasheer Amin from Kupwara, who joined Markaz as a fifth standard student two years ago: "I could not get education in my home town due to disruptive activities and my family was also too poor to feed me".
Adopted by Markaz, Amin is now quite conversant in English and can also chat in chaste Malayalam, with local students offering him good support. "There are several unidentified terrorist hideouts in my area forcing my parents to send me here," says Amir Shareef Baba, an SSLC student, who hails from Shopain, recently carved out of Pulwama District.
For Mohammad Imran Bhatt, a class X student, whose father was shot dead in front of his eyes, Kerala is a better place to live. "I feel Kerala is better than my home. I want to complete my education and settle down here," he said, adding Markaz also encouraged him to promote his cricket skills. Markaz or 'Markazu Ssaquafathi Ssunniyya', meaning Centre for Sunnis strictly adhering to the tenets of Islam, has about 20 schools across the State and also abroad. The Markaz here has 1,500 students. Like the Kashmiri Bhavan, it has also started a 'Canada House' at Punur in Koduvally near here where besides Canadians other foreigners are also imparted education.
While Markaz does not charge fee from economically weaker sections and also offer them free food and accommodation, it charges nominal fee for boarding from the 'well-to-do' ones. Though Markaz does not enjoy State or Central grants, it receives substantial funds and donations from within and abroad, mainly the Gulf. Offering admission only to those belonging to the Islamic community, its teaching faculty, however, comprises members from other communities also. Besides providing school education upto Plus Two, Markaz also runs an Arts College and helps its students to pursue higher education in collaboration with several leading companies like ITC. (PTI)  12/06/2008
LATER ON Shaykh Abubakr Musliyar(Kanthapurm)(A.P.Usthad)took steps to give education to Kashmiri students in their land also:

Sunni Cultural Centre opens school in Kashmir
Kozhikode (Kerala), With teachers from Kerala, a Muslim cultural centre here has set up a school in Jammu and Kashmir 's Rajouri district where hundreds of needy children in the violence-hit region are provided education.
The Sunni Cultural Centre (Markazus Saquafati Sunniyya) has been running the school in Rajouri district of Jammu for a year. It also sponsors some 500 school children in Kashmir Valley. The school, which is recognised by the state government, is from classes 1 to 8 and follows the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) syllabus. The teachers from Kerala teach Mathematics and English, said Abdul Hakim, joint secretary of the organisation. It all started when the then Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Mufti Mohammed Sayeed invited the cultural centre to help impart education to needy children in the state, where thousands of kids have been left deeply scarred by the relentless separatist violence. According to Hakim, the school doesn't focus just on violence-affected children but on the needy in general.
'We decided to take up this (educational venture) just to bring back to school those children who have been affected by various issues there,' Hakkim told IANS. 'The ( Jammu and Kashmir) government has extended all support and we run the school in Rajouri with teachers from Kerala and other states in North India,' Hakim said. The centre is planning to open an orphanage in the summer capital Srinagar by next year. 'We have also decided to increase the number of sponsorships in Kashmir Valley from the present 500 students,' said Hakim, who frequently travels between Kerala and Kashmir.
Founded in 1978 by Kanthapuram Aboobacker Musliyar, the centre works for leadership qualities of Muslims in general. It has been trying to improve the quality of education among Muslims with the help of Arab and other Muslim countries. Its centre in this city has more than 8,000 students, including 1,500 orphans, as well as students from Kashmir. 'There are more than 300 students here from various districts in Jammu and Kashmir and also from Haryana. The expenses for this centre are raised through donations from our well wishers all over the world,' said Hakim. 20/11/2007

Edited by absalih, 19 August 2010 - 05:19 AM.

#11 absalih

absalih
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:23 AM

Sunni centre holds mass marriage

Special Correspondent, THE HINDU[India's National News paper]
KOZHIKODE: Markaz Ssaquafathil Ssunniyya, the Sunni cultural centre in Kozhikode, has organised the marriage of 29 orphaned and destitute women as part of the programmes in connection with its 13th convocation ceremony to be held from February 9 to 11.
This was announced here on Saturday. The marriages were held in two sessions. Fourteen were held in December at the Markaz Majul Family and the rest on Friday at the Markaz Maranchatty Girls orphanage in the presence of Sunni leaders and religious leaders.
Sunni leader Kanthapuram A.P. Aboobacker Musaliar inaugurated the mass wedding programme at a function presided over by Markaz president Fazal Pookoya Thangal on Friday. George M. Thomas, MLA, was the chief guest
The Sunni cultural centre has been taking take care of orphaned women. Nearly 700 destitute and financially backward girls are studying at the Markaz Girls orphanage, which was founded in 1994. Expenses for their food and clothing are met by the centre.
Arabnews Reports:

The Middle East's Leading English Language Daily
Thursday 27 January 2005 (16 Dhul Hijjah 1425)
Kerala Organization to Adopt Tsunami Orphans
K. Abdul Majeed, Arab News —
JEDDAH, 27 January 2005 — Markazu Saqafathu Sunniyya (Sunni Cultural Center), a charitable organization in Kerala, will adopt orphans from Andaman and Nicobar islands who have lost their parents in tsunami.
The organization has acquired land for building a residential educational institution in Andaman. “Work on the building will commence soon,” said Sheikh Aboobacker Ahmed, also known as Kanthapuram Aboobacker Musliyar. He is the general secretary of Markazu Saqafathu Sunniyya, All India Sunni Jamiatul Ulema and Samastha Kerala Jamiatul Ulema.
Kanthapuram said the organization has adopted 250 orphans from Jammu and Kashmir and another 250 from Mewat in Haryana state recently. He claimed that Markazu Saqafathu Sunniyya is one of the largest charitable, nonprofit Islamic institutions in India.______________________________________

Speaking about the activities of the center, Kanthapuram said the center attracts students from all over India. In all, 8,000 boys and girls are studying Qur’an, Hadith, Fiqh, arts, science and technology at different schools run by the center. Among them are 1,500 orphans and 1,200 studying Islamic studies; their full expenditure is borne by the institution.
Founded in 1978, the center works for honing the leadership qualities of the ulema in particular and the Muslims in general, he said. The center has been trying to improve the quality of Islamic education among Muslims with the help of Arab and Muslim nations. “Many eminent scholars from various Arab and Islamic countries have visited the center on different occasions,” he added.
The 27th anniversary of the establishment of the center is to be held on Feb. 25-27, 2005. Some 600 scholars are to be awarded the Saqafi degree — a bachelor’s degree in Islamic studies. Many eminent scholars and leaders from different parts of the world will attend the anniversary celebrations. More than 500,000 participants are expected to attend it.
Kanthapuram met many eminent personalities during his stay in Makkah and Madinah and exchanged views on the situation of Indian Muslims
http://www.arabnews....d=27&m=1&y=2005

Let these activities of him  be a model for scholars of Islam elsewhere.

Edited by absalih, 19 August 2010 - 11:09 AM.

#12 absalih

absalih
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:33 AM

Public Addresses of Shaykh Abubakr Ahmed al-Malaibari.
ARAB NEWS_JEDDAH_K.S.A

Muslim leader warns against meddling in Shariah
Ashraf Padanna I Arab News  
The Middle East's Leading English Language Daily
Tuesday 20 January 2009 (23 Muharram 1430)

KOZHIKODE, Kerala: Sheikh Aboobacker Ahmad alias Kanthapuram A.P. Aboobacker Musliyar who heads the Markazu Ssaquafathi Ssunniyya, one of the leading Islamic institutions in India, has urged the Muslim community to resist any move to amend India’s Muslim Personal Law that is based on the tenets of Shariah.

Delivering the keynote address at the grand 31st Anniversary Conference and 14th Convocation of the Markaz at Karanthur on the outskirts of this northern Kerala city, he said Islamic Shariah is timeless and nobody would be allowed to dabble in its basic tenets.

“It is the decree of Allah, the Almighty. Islamic Shariah is built on the edifice of the Holy Qur’an, Prophet’s Sunnah and the perception and perspectives commonly shared by scholars all over the world. No government, commission or any other system can change or alter it. It is unalterable, perennial and fit to survive all the time and it will withstand the challenges of all ages,” he said.

The Kerala Law Reforms Commission has recently recommended a slew of changes in the Muslim Personal Law, including conditions for allowing polygamy, limits to having more than two children and succession rights.

Kanthapuram said it was the ulterior motive and calculated ploy of certain people having vested interest to spread the canard that Islamic principles are outdated and should be revamped.

“It is aimed at desensitizing the Muslim community,” he said. “Government, judiciary and the media should not give in to this vicious propaganda. It’s only the prerogative and privilege of religious scholars to issue a fatwa and give the final word on issues of Islamic Shariah. Nonreligious people are advised not to interfere in the religious matters and wreck the prevailing communal amity in the country”.

The scholar, who heads one of India’s leading Islamic institutions, warned against the malicious attempts to take the community for a “materialist ride by reorienting and reshaping the religious principles, mores and beliefs to suit their vested interest”.

A number of scholars and leaders from India and abroad, including Overseas Indian Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi, Kerala Assembly Speaker K. Radhakrishnan, Kerala Home Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan, Former Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, Industry Minister Elamaram Kareem, Forest Minister Binoy Vishwam, and former ministers Aryadan Mohammed and K.E. Ismail also addressed various sessions of the three-day meet that concluded Sunday with a marathon public meeting that lasted for 12 hours.
MANGALORE_KARNATAKA_INDIA:SPEAKS AGAINST DOWRY.

Mangalore, July 14: All Muslims should come together to eradicate the system of dowry from the society completely, said A P Aboobakar Musliyar Kanthapuram, renowned Islamic scholar.
Addressing a media conference organised by Islamic Cultural Centre, at Thaqwa Masjid in Mangalore on Wednesday, July 14, he said all the Ulamas and leaders of the community should collectively lead the campaign to establish a dowry free society.
Marriage is a sacred bond in all religions, especially Islam, which advocates simple and easy wedding. However the practice of dowry has turned marriage into a nightmare for poor women of all religions including Islam. This un-Islamic and in-human practice has not only destroyed family values, but has also become the root cause for many a tragedy, he said.
“Dowry related deaths, divorces and other types of violence spurred by it have become very common these days” he said, while pointing out that because of dowry system, thousands of Muslim women have remained unmarried.
“There is no place for dowry in the religion of Islam, which upholds the practice of ‘Mahr’ an obligatory and reasonable amount of money or any other thing given by the groom to the bride during marriage”, he said and added that the religion has solution for all the problems of the society.
Terming the practice of dowry, as a “cruel business”, he said that it would destroy the basic social structure of the community.
When asked, if he can issue an official fatwa against the total practice of dowry in the Muslim society, A P Aboobakar  Musliyar replied after a pause, that many fatwas have already been issued against the taking of dowry forcibly from the bride or her parents. But, “if the bride’s parent gives something to his new son-in-law voluntarily and without any force, it is acceptable”, he added.
However, he called upon the Muslim community of the coastal Karnataka not to leave any stone unturned to eliminate the menace of dowry and to make all Muslim Mohallas free from dowry.
http://coastaldigest...ories&Itemid=18

ABUDHABI:One of the recent Videos:
مع الشيخ أبو بكر بن احمد
Abudhabi TV Arabic interview with SheikhAboobacker
IbnAhmed
Links:
1]

2]
3]
4]
5]
6]
7]
8]

Edited by absalih, 19 August 2010 - 09:06 AM.

#13 absalih

absalih
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:18 AM

ORIGIN OF ISLAM IN THE MALABAR and KERALA :

Contrary to popular belief, Islam came to South Asia prior to Muslim invasions of India. Islamic influence first came to be felt in the early 7th century with the advent of Arab traders. Trade relations between Arabia and the subcontinent are very ancient.Arab traders used to visit the Malabar region, which was a link between them and ports of South East Asia, to trade even before Islam had been established in Arabia. According to Historians Elliot
and Dowson in their book The History of India as told by its own Historians, the first ship bearing Muslim travelers was seen on the Indian coast as early as 630 AD. H.G. Rawlinson, in his book: Ancient and Medieval History of India[22] claims the first Arab Muslims settled on the Indian coast in the last part of the 7th century AD.
Shaykh Zainuddin Makhdum’s “Tuhfat al-Mujahidin” also is a reliable work.[23] This fact is corroborated, by J. Sturrock in his South Kanara and Madras Districts Manuals,[24] and also by Haridas Bhattacharya Cultural Heritage of India Vol. IV.[25] It was with the advent of Islam that the Arabs became a prominent cultural force in the world. The Arab merchants and traders became the carriers of the new religion and they propagated it wherever they went.[26] The first Indian mosque is thought to have been built in 629 A.D,  purportedly at the behest of Rama Varma Kulashekhara, who is considered the first Indian Muslim, during the life time of Muhammad [PBUH](c. 571–632) in Kodungallur, in district of Thrissur, Kerala by Malik Bin Deenar.[27][28][29]
In Malabar, the Mappilas may have been the first community to convert to Islam because they were more closely connected with the Arabs than others. Intensive missionary activities were carried out along the coast and a number of natives also embraced Islam. These new converts were now added to the Mappila community. Thus among the Mapilas, we find, both the descendants of the Arabs through local women and the converts from among the local people.[30]
In the 8th century, the province of Sindh (in present day Pakistan) was conquered by an Arab army led by Muhammad bin Qasim. Sindh became the easternmost province of the Umayyad Caliphate. In the first half of the 10th century, Mahmud of Ghazni added the Punjab to the Ghaznavid Empire and conducted several raids
deeper into modern day India. A more successful invasion came at the end of the 12th century by Muhammad of Ghor. Thiseventually led to the formation of the Delhi Sultanate.
Arab-Indian interactions
There is much evidence in history to show that Arabs and Muslims interacted with India and Indians from the very early days of Islam, if not before the arrival of Islam in Arabia. Many Sanskrit books were translated into Arabic as early as the Eighth century. George Saliba writes in his book 'Islamic Science and the Making of the European Renaissance' that "some major Sanskrit texts began to be translated during the reign of the second Abbasid caliph al-Mansur [754-775], if not before; some texts on logic even before that, and it has been generally accepted that the Persian and Sanskrit texts, few as they were, were indeed the first to be translated."[31]
http://en.wikipedia..../Islam_in_India

Edited by absalih, 20 August 2010 - 08:59 AM.

#14 absalih

absalih
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

The Beginners of Islam in Malabar_Some Great TABI'IN.(RA) :
Sheikh Zyn al-Din Makhdum al Malibari.Rah  had written in his ‘Tuhfathul Mujahidin’ that Islam reached Kerala in the  2nd Century of Hiegra .Ha had listed 3  Great ones  from among the ‘Tabi’in’(Sucessors of Sahaba e kiram.RA)  who had reached Malibar and propagated Islam . They are
1]  Sharaf Ibn Malik.RA,
2]Malik Ibn Dinaral Basri.(RA),disciple of HASANUL BASRI.(RA([d.110.AH]  and
3]Malik Ibn Habeeb.RA.

These three men and their family were not merchants , but Great missionaries of Islam who had set out first to see ‘The Holy Footprints of our First Father Adam(AS)’, which is a place of ziyarah on the ‘Adam Mountain ‘in Sri Lanka’, earlier called as ‘Ceylon’, opposite to Malabar coast.

Our proof is  the Masajids built by them as eg, Malik Ibn Dinar Masjid in the Northernmost Malabar and so many very old Graves which have  inscriptions written in the Old Arabic Kufa’s script,and which more or less determines the age. Even before their arrival a Hindu Raja of Malabar (mentioned above as Rama Varma Kulashekhare or Charaman Perumal ), contemporary to Rasulullahi. Saws,  had  mysteriously seen  ‘ the incident of splitting of the Moon' from his fort and later on inquiring the Arab merchants, realized the truth and believed in the prophet hood of Rasulullah .SAWS and set out to reach Arabia. He had died on the  way either onwards or return from Arabia and his ‘Holy Grave’  is in the Charaman Perumal vicinity of  ‘Salala’ in Oman and is still a place of Ziyarah.
Even  the non-Muslim historian Dr. M .G .S. Narayanan had written in his history of ‘Perumals of Kerala’ that  “We cannot ignore the incident of a ‘Chera King’ who had gone to Makkah, as this is seen not only in Muslim books, but also in Hindu-Brahman writings as ‘Keralolpathi’(Sanscrit)”
•  Cheraman Jama Masjid  in Malabar , in aplce called Kodungallur was built  by Malik Ibn Dinar in the typical local style of architecture and the bodies of some of the original followers are said to have been buried here. This is said to be the first mosque constructed in India.

OTHER MOSQUES and The Great men behind:

According to Rihlat al Muluk there were forty four persons in the group of Malik b. Dinar including twelve of his relations, twenty persons who had memorized the Quar-an by heart, and some from Basara along with Prince Kohinoor, the nephew of the Perumal and the founder of Arakkal dynasty who was later named as Saifuddin Muhammad Ali. As per 'Rihlat at Muluk' eighteen mosques were constructed by the party and in each mosque qazis were appointed. They are:

1. Chaliyam – Ja’far b. Sulyman
2. Kollam(Calicut) – Abdullah. B. Dinar
3. Chombal – Ja’farb. Malik
4. Peringadi – Habib b. Malik
5. Dharmadam – Hasan b. Malik
6. Ezhimala – Abdullah b. Malik
7. Kasaragode (Ullal) – Jabir b. Malik
8. Mangalore – Hameed b. Malik
9. Tanur (Tirur) – Ali b. Jabir
10. Ponnani – Abdul Majid b. Malik
11. Chavakkad – Jabir b. al Harith
http://www.jaihoon.com/456.htm
http://www.marifah.n...pila-community/

The legacy of these Great men , was taken up 8 centuries later by 'Makhdums' , as represented by Sheikh Zainuddn Makhdum.Rah and the later's lineage , for the past 500 years ,is being carried in well known Chains of Transmission of Authority (Ijaza,Idhn and Silsila of Shafi' school and Sufi Orders) by our Organization of Scholars, referred to earlier as 'Samasta'. which was established in 1925.AD following 'Wahhabi' fitna.

Edited by absalih, 21 August 2010 - 01:42 AM.

#15 absalih

absalih
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:03 AM

'SAMASTA KERALA JAMYIATHUL ULEMA' and its Resolutions:
This organization of scholars was established  during the British Rule in India in 1925.AD under the patronage of an 85 year old eminent Scholar and a known Wali(sufi) of Ba-Alawi Order, namely 'Varakkal Mullakoya Thangal' Alias SAYYED ABD AL RAHMAN BA ALAVI.Rah.(d.1932.AD), whose great Grand father Sayyed Hamid Ba-Alawi.QS had come from Yemen.Apart from Arabic and Malayalam, he was proficient in English and Persian too.His Teachers were Sayyed Ali al-Atas of Makkah and Sheikh Abdullah al-Maghribi of Yemen.(End of 19th century).Since establishment this scholars organization has issued so many resolutions to warn the Muslim public against deviations from the path of Ahlu Sunnah'

The 6 th Resolution of Samastha Kerala Jam’yithul Ulema:
We declare that the persons like Ibn Hazm Zahiri , Ibn Taymiyyah al-Harrani , Ibn al-Qayyim , Muhammad Ibn Abd al Wahhab Najdi, Ibn abd al-Hadi, Shoukani,Jamaludin Afgahani , Muhammad Abdu  and Rasheed Rida(Editor,Al Manar.Egypt) and their followers  have gone against Ahle Sunnah wal Jama’a and therefore they and their books are not acceptable to Sunnis and they are not entitled for ‘tardiyyah’.
This is in accordance with the teachings of Great scholars such as Imam Taqiudin al-Subki, Imam Tajudin al-Subki, Imam Izz Ibn Jama’a , Ibn Batuta(al.Maliki) ,Imam Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani,Imam Nurudin al-Halabi , Imam Qasthallani, Abu Abdullah Ibn Nu’man al-Fasi ,Imam Jalaludin al-Suyuti , Imam Ibn Hajar al –Hythami, Imam Ramli , Imam Musthafal Bakri , Imam Abdul Ghani an-Nablusi , Shaykh Riswanul Adal , Sayyed Alavi al-Haddad , Shaykh Ahmad Zaini Dahlan, Shikh Yusuf an-Nabhani , Sayyed Shaykh Jifri ,  and Shikh Muhammadul Khaleeli [Radiyallahu anhum Ajmaeen]
[‘History of Samasta’. By .Nurul Ulama (M.A.)‘Abdul Qadir Ahmed Musliyar]

Edited by absalih, 20 August 2010 - 12:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users