IPB Style© Fisana

Istighatha of Shehu Uthman Don Fodio (qs)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 IrfanibnIsmail

IrfanibnIsmail
  • Advanced Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

See last chapter "Concerning the Methodology of Taking Mediation With the Saints of Allah ta`ala, May Allah Be Pleased With Them" of his book " As-Silaasil Ad-Dhahabiyya(The Golden Chain of the Sufi Masters)", translated to English here:
http://siiasi.org/as...l-ad-dhahabiyya

Attached Files

#2 faqir

faqir
  • Marifah
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

I presume you are referring to the following quote found on the bottom of p. 20:

After that recite the following three times:

[..]

“O my spiritual master Abd’l-Qaadir al-Jayli, I ask you that you fulfill my needs in which there is not disobedience in them.”

http://www.asharis.wordpress.com

#3 Mujib

Mujib
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

Shaykh `Uthman dan Fodio (ra) relates it from Sayyidina Ghawth al-A`zam (ra) in another book (Glad Tidings to the Community of Ahmad In Explanation of Some of the Outstanding Traits of the Qaadiriyya), also translated by Shaykh Muhammad Shareef:

On the authority of Shaykh Abu’l-Qasim Umar al-Bizaar who said: “I once heard my master Shaykh Muhy’d-Deen Abd’l-Qaadir say: “Whoever appeals for my help in a time of distress, I will remove it from him. Whoever calls me by my name during a time of adversity I will give him comfort from it. Whoever takes me as an intermediate to Allah `azza wa jalla in any matter, then his needs will be fulfilled. Whoever prays two raka`ats and recites in each rak`at the chapter of al-Ikhlaas eleven times after the al-Fatiha; then after the salaams of the prayer sends blessings upon Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace; then turns his face in the direction of Iraq and walks eleven steps; mentions my name and then mentions his pressing need; it will be fulfilled by the permission of Allah’.” (book here)

Note that in the above, calling out and taking as an intermediary are the same thing.

In the same book, Shaykh Muhammad Shareef relates:

Shaykh Ahmad al-Bakai al-Kunti said in poetic verse:
“He is the best of spiritual guides, the best of watering places
And his disciples are the best of disciples who prevail all others
He is the one who gave spiritual instructions during his life and after it
And redeems those who call out to him in eagerness”.

Also, in the same book, Shaykh `Uthman dan Fodio (ra) relates many of the miracles and virtues of Sayyidina Ghawth al-A`zam (ra) that certain people have dismissed as exaggerations and fabrications.

Edited by Mujib, 10 May 2012 - 10:12 PM.

#4 IrfanibnIsmail

IrfanibnIsmail
  • Advanced Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Shehu affirming the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) as light. A salawat provided by  for recitation is :

"O Allah send blessings upon the Prophet, who was created from Allah’s light and he is light"

http://siiasi.org/wp...Isml-Aadhem.pdf

The pdf at the end also contains a supplication attributed to Maruf al Karki, in which intercession is sought by means of the Prophet (peace be upon him). Im not sure of the original source of this attribution.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users